Expert on maps, cartography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), remote sensing, and geospatial data and policies.
- Geospatial data acquisition including GPS and surveying.
- Geospatial data policies at the state and national levels.
- Remote sensing methods including LiDAR, aerial photography, photogrammetry, Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)/Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV).
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Land Information Systems (LIS), geospatial data, and geospatial technologies.
- Maps, mapping, and cartography, including printed maps, web maps and data-driven mapping.
- Leadership roles in a variety of professional organizations.
- Extensive list of professional publications and presentations.
- Professional experience in academia, private industry, and government.
- Nearly 30 years of experience in the geospatial technology sector.
- PhD, Geography, University of California Santa Barbara.