Expert on school food, food justice, foodservice labor and sustainable communities
- Participatory action research
- Farm-to-school programs
- Worker-led campaigns to improve the quality of food and jobs
- Cooking and empowerment
- Environmental Leadership Fellow, Robert and Patricia Switzer Foundation
- Co-author, “Healthy Kids First: Why Cafeteria Workers Want to Cook Fresh Meals in New Haven Public Schools.” Published by UNITE HERE, New Haven, CT.
- Author, "Mobilizing to Re-value and Re-skill Foodservice Labor in U.S. School Lunchrooms: A Pathway to Community-level Food Sovereignty?” Radical Teacher 98 (2014): 15-21.
- Recipient, Baldwin Wisconsin Idea Mini-grant (2015) for "Healthy farm-to-school meals: Empowering lunch ladies as change-agents"
- Designed and teach Inter-HE 375 "Human Ecology of Food and Sustainability"