Journalists: Please use these pronouns when appropriate.
Expert in machine learning, AI, and data science and how it is revolutionizing science and impacting society.
Professor, Physics, Computer Science, and Statistics; Director Data Science Institute College of Letters and Science School of Computer, Data and Information Sciences Work: 608-262-7929 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @kylecranmer
- How AI revolutionizing science. What's real, what's hype, and what changed?
- Fundamental physics from the very big to the very small (e.g. the universe, the Big Bang, astrophysics, black holes, quantum physics, particle physics)
- How data science is impacting society.
- Received the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, the highest honor bestowed by the US government on outstanding scientists early in their careers
- Played a major role in the discovery of the Higgs boson in 2012, which led to the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2013.
- Director of the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Data Science Institute.
- Fellow of the American Physical Society
- Editor in Chief of Machine Learning: Science and Technology