Expert on severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, and using supercomputers to simulate the atmosphere
Associate Scientist, CIMSS Graduate School Work: 608-890-1983 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page
- Simulating and visualizing thunderstorms that have been simulated on supercomputers.
- Tornadoes and downbursts and the thunderstorms that create them
- Big Data, file management and data compression
- Simulated, at very high resolution, the entire life cycle of a devastating tornado in a thunderstorm, something that had not been achieved before
- Wrote a file system, LOFS, that allows numerical models to save data at very high frequency
- Winner of the IDC/Hyperion High Performance Computing Innovation Excellence Award in 2014 and 2016