Expert on electric power systems, renewable energy, transmission and distribution grids and energy system analysis. Passionate about sustainability, climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Enabling a more sustainable and resilient energy system, while ensuring that electricity can be provided in an economical and safe manner.
- Risk assessment and risk management for electric grid operations, including, e.g., wildfire ignitions from electric power lines and renewable energy variability.
- Developing methods and software implementations to model and optimize power grid operation while considering impacts of renewable energy uncertainty and climate change.
- ECE Outstanding Graduate Mentoring Award, UW Madison, 2020
- Center for Non-Linear Studies Postdoctoral Fellowship, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 2017-2018
- Nominated for ETH Medal for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 2016