Expert on sustainable consumption, organic and local foods, CSA, farmers' markets, mobile markets,time use, food labels, family farm labor,labor policy
Professor emerita, consumer science School of Human Ecology Work: 608-262-9487 firstname.lastname@example.org Home page
- University labor licensing policies
- Time allocation and labor decisions on family farms
- Consumer preferences for food labels
- Local food systems: farmers markets, CSA, mobile markets, demand for local and organic foods
- Sustainable and socially just consumption choices
- Designed and teach Cnsr Sci 360 "Sustainable and Socially Just Consumption"
- Volunteer Spanish Language Translator for the UW Family Law Clinic and the UW Immigrant Justice Project
- Invited speaker, "Combatting food deserts with mobile markets” (in French) 3rd colloquium of the UNESCO World Food Chairs, 2014 Montpellier, France Audience = 500 registrants
- Author, “Overcoming challenges to effectiveness of mobile markets in US food deserts” Appetite (79), 2014: 58-67.
- Faculty Advisor since 2007, Slow Food UW - student org serving about 500 sustainable locally sources meals a week for around $5 each