Expert on advanced sustainable thermal energy production and utilization
- Fundamental physics and applications relating to advanced sustainable energy utilization, energy extraction and energy production.
- Experimental thermal hydraulics for advanced nuclear, concentrated solar and waste heat recovery.
- Advanced power cycle and component development (pumps, heat exchangers, valves, instrumentation)
- Liquid metals and liquid salts for high temperature heat transfer
- American Nuclear Society Young investigator Engineering achievement award.
- Director of the University of Wisconsin - Thermal Hydraulic Laboratory
- Member of the University of Wisconsin - Solar Energy laboratory
- ASME Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Science, Associate Editor Award