Specializes in developing and employing novel spectroscopies to study topics in biophysics and the energy sciences.
- Advanced infrared spectroscopies
- Biophysics of proteins
- Charge transfer in semiconductors
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), 2010
- American Chemical Society Nobel Laureate Signature Award for Graduate Education in Chemistry, 2010
- Packard Foundation Science and Engineering Fellowship, 2005
- Author of "Concepts and Methods in 2D IR spectroscopy," Cambridge University Press.