Expert on college-workforce transitions, with focus on internships and skills development from a cultural, historical and learning sciences perspective.
Assistant Professor, Liberal Arts & Applied Studies; Director, Center for Research on College-Workforce Transitions School of Education Division of Continuing Studies Work: 608-265-0448 email@example.com Home page Twitter: @matt_hora
- Expertise in studying the cognitive, cultural, and organizational factors that shape how faculty plan and then teach their courses, and implications for organizational change.
- Beginning study on degree of alignment between employer expectations (in biotechnology and advanced manufacturing) for worker skills and postsecondary curriculum in WI colleges and universities.
- Conducting study of how faculty and administrators use data in STEM departments when planning and evaluating course curricula.
- Won the 2018 Frederic Ness Book Award for "Beyond the Skills Gap," for best book on higher education from the Association of American Colleges &
- Received $1.9 million in National Science Foundation grants in past 5 years to study workforce development and classroom teaching issues in STEM education.