Expert on college-workforce transitions, with focus on internships, "soft" or "21st century skills," and postsecondary teaching from a cultural, historical and learning sciences perspective.
Associate Professor, Adult & Higher Education; Director, Center for Research College-Workforce Transitions School of Education Division of Continuing Studies Work: 608-265-0448 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @matt_hora
- Expertise in studying the factors that shape how faculty plan and teach their courses, with a specific focus on work-based learning and "soft skills."
- National expert on college internships, with a focus on online and virtual internships, issues with unpaid internships, and equity-related issues with internships and work-based learning.
- Expertise in cross-cultural issues in internship and career-readiness programming in higher education with a focus on China, Japan and Minority-Serving Institutions in the US.
- Won the 2018 Frederic Ness Book Award for "Beyond the Skills Gap," for best book on higher education from the Association of American Colleges &
- Received $1.9 million in National Science Foundation grants in past 5 years to study workforce development and classroom teaching issues in STEM education.