Expert on lighting design, projection design, and other theatrical and performance design areas, immersive technologies, immersive theatre, and ethics of immersive performance.
- Lighting design for theatre, how lighting assists in storytelling, composition, environment creation and influencing emotion of an audience.
- Immersive performance, or performance that does away with the "fourth wall" and allows some agency of the audience.
- Digital media, immersive media, and other new technologies in storytelling and performance, both experimental and commercial.
- Multiple award-winning lighting designer; has designed over 100 professional shows nationally and internationally.
- Selected participant in the first San Diego Opera Hack, a gathering of 50 top artists and technologists.
- Published writer on the ethics of immersive theatre.