Expert on writing, rhetoric, literary and cultural theory, and the Holocaust
- Writing and the teaching of writing
- Theory and history of rhetoric
- Contemporary literary theory and cultural theory
- The Holocaust in memory, history, literature and art
- Author, "Forgetful Memory: Remembrance and Representation after Auschwitz"
- Author, "The Practice of Theory: Rhetoric, Knowledge, and Pedagogy in the Academy"
- Co-editor, "Rhetoric in an Antifoundational World"
- WARF Kellett mid-career award, 2009