Journalists: Please use these pronouns when appropriate.
Expert on modern postcolonial South Asian history and politics.
Assistant Professor, History College of Letters and Science Work: 608-263-1956 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @moubanerjee28
- How does the history of British imperialism influence South Asia in the present day?
- What is the relationship between religion, caste and politics in South Asia and in South Asian diasporas?
- What are the different aspects of the relationships between between the many postcolonial nations in the Indian subcontinent?
- What are the legal and political debates about citizenship in South Asian nations, and how does the history of colonialism affect these questions?
- My first book, “The Disinherited: Christianity and Conversion in Colonial India, 1813-1907” is forthcoming from Harvard University Press.
- My PhD dissertation at Harvard received the Gross Prize for showing "greatest promise of a distinguished career of historical research" in 2018.