Expert on Natural Hazards, Human Mobility, Remote Sensing, Social Media Analytics, Spatial Data Mining
- Urban flood mapping and damage impact assessment by fusing remote sensing imagery, social media data streams, computer vision, and machine learning technologies
- Situational awareness establishment and information extraction based on the social media analytics
- Trajectory data mining for human activity space and mobility pattern analytics
- Book: Spatial Cloud Computing: A Practical Approach, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, 304p. ISBN: 978-1466593169.
- Article: "Geographic Situational Awareness: Mining Tweets for Disaster Preparedness, Emergency Response, Impact, and Recovery"
- Article: "Activity Patterns, Socioeconomic Status and Urban Spatial Structure: What Can Social Media Data Tell Us?"
- Next Generation of Hazards & Disasters Researchers (2014), and CyberGIS Fellow (2014)