Expert on Internet communication and contemporary religious belief
Director, Digital Studies Initiative; associate director, Folklore Program; associate professor of communication College of Letters and Science Work: 608-262-2605 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page
- Social impacts of Internet use
- Contemporary Christian fundamentalism
- Apocalyptic or "end times" religious belief
- Online folklore
- Alternative online media
- Author, "Digital Jesus: The Making of a New Christian Fundamentalist Community on the Internet"
- Author, "Network Apocalypse: Visions of the End in an Age of Network Media"
- Author, "Nature Moms vs. 'Big Pharma': Vernacular Authority in Online Medical Forums"
- Author, "The Vernacular Web of Participatory Media"
- Author, "Crusading on the Vernacular Web: The Folk Beliefs and Practices of Online Spiritual Warfare"