Expert on satellite remote sensing, climate change, and the global energy and water cycles.
- Satellite remote sensing of clouds and precipitation
- Global energy budget
- Climate feedbacks and climate change
- PI NASA CloudSat- and Global Precipitation Mission-sponsored Light Precipitation Validation Experiment (LPVEx)
- Lead developer NASA CloudSat radiative heating rate, rainfall, and snowfall datasets. NASA group achievement award for algorithm development in 2008.
- Principal investigator NASA Polar Radiant Energy in the Far InfraRed Experiment, or PREFIRE.
- Author of more than 120 peer-reviewed publications.
- Member: American Geophysical Union and American Meteorological Society.