Journalists: Please use these pronouns when appropriate.
Expert on personal privacy and security online, big data ethics, learning analytics ethics, scholarly communication and publishing, research-data management, digitization, digital preservation, metadata.
Distinguished Teaching Faculty III, Information School Information School School of Computer, Data and Information Sciences Work: 608-361-8159 — Home and cell phones available upon request firstname.lastname@example.org Home page
- Online privacy and security
- Semantic web
- Digital preservation
- Research-data management
- Big data ethics
- Open data
- Open access
- Keynoted conferences on privacy, open access, linked data, and law-school computing
- Co-investigator on Data Doubles, a funded four-year research project investigating undergraduate perceptions of campus privacy
- Principal on RAVADLab, a practical rescue station for audio, video, and digital media on decaying or obsolete media
- Author, "Innkeeper at the Roach Motel," a widely-read article on open access