Journalists: Please use these pronouns when appropriate.
Expert on politics and culture in Southern Africa, Angola especially, and on African media studies.
- My work centers the lives and actions of African people and institutions.
- How can we tell stories about Africa and Africans that overturn stereotypes? How have Africans shaped the world we live in?
- I study history and its impact in the present. Peoples lives, cultural practices, and politics anchor what I do.
- Author of two books and numerous journal articles and book chapters on nation and music, fashion, urban studies, African film, liberation movements and radio.
- Quoted and published in The Guardian, NPR, Africa is a Country, and in the Angolan press. Author of liner notes.
- Editor of blog posts, book projects that focus on African artists, and journal articles who brings African lives and histories to public conversations.