Journalists: Please use these pronouns when appropriate.
Expert on politics and culture in Southern Africa, Angola especially, and on African media studies.
Professor, African Cultural Studies College of Letters and Science Work: 608-262-2487 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @mjmoorman
- My work centers the lives and actions of African people and institutions.
- How can we tell stories about Africa and Africans that overturn stereotypes? How have Africans shaped the world we live in?
- I study history and its impact in the present. Peoples lives, cultural practices, and politics anchor what I do.
- Author of two books and numerous journal articles and book chapters on nation and music, fashion, urban studies, African film, liberation movements and radio.
- Quoted and published in The Guardian, NPR, Africa is a Country, and in the Angolan press. Author of liner notes.
- Editor of blog posts, book projects that focus on African artists, and journal articles who brings African lives and histories to public conversations.