Expert on scientific misinformation and politicization in news and new media. Health, environment, and social divisions around science.
- Why do people believe misinformation? From COVID-19 to detox teas, it is about more than just false information.
- There are a lot of conflicting health and science claims on social media. Where is this coming from and how can we spot inaccurate information?
- Why do we see political divisions around (some) science issues? Media, politicians, and experts can all play a role.
- Research has been published in flagship journals in communication and political science.
- Previously interviewed for outlets including Medscape, WKOW 27 News, and podcasts.
- Speaker at the 2022 National Association of Science Writers annual conference in Memphis, TN.