Expert on neuroendocrinology of male parental care in primates and on methods to measure neurologically active hormones
- Family social structure and endocrine changes
- Parenting and neuroendocrine mechanisms
- Hormonal determinants and methodology
- Member, Society of Behavioral Neuroendocrinology, American Society of Primatologists, International Primatological Society
- Author, "The endocrinology of family relationships in monkeys" in "Endocrinology of Social Relationships"
- Author, 2006, "Pregnancy weight gain: marmoset and tamarin dads show it too" Royal Society, Biology Letters, 2:181-183.
- Author, 2005, "Fecal steroid research in the field and laboratory: Improved methods of storage, transport, processing and analysis," American Journal of Primatology