Expert on satellite meteorology and climatology, weather, atmospheric optics
Professor, atmospheric and oceanic sciences; director, Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies Work: 608-263-3647 — Home and cell phones available upon request firstname.lastname@example.org Home page
- satellite meteorology (study of weather using satellite observations); a field that UW-Madison helped originate
- atmospheric optics, which explains rainbows, halos, the blue sky and white clouds
- personal weather experiences: everyone is interested in the weather and I'm happy to talk about it
- American Meteorological Society Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2009.
- Author, Meteorology: Understanding the Atmosphere
- Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award, 1999