Thomas (Tom) O'Guinn
Expert on branding, consumer behavior, advertising, social class and consumption, and institutional responses by marketers to social disruption such as wars, recessions, oil spills,
Professor, marketing; Arthur C. Nielsen, Jr. Chair in Marketing Research Work: 608-630-2404 email@example.com
- Political Branding: Politicians and political parties are brands. I talk about them as brands.
- Branding: the history and nature of brands, coolness, hip brands, etc.
- Advertising: pretty much anything about it.
- How differences in income, social class, gender, age, etc. affect what people buy.
- Consumer behavior: why people buy stuff.
- Did award-winning research on how people use the media to form inaccurate views of their society and the people in it by virtue of
- Co-wrote a leading textbook on advertising and branding.
- Did original research on compulsive buying-consumers who have a strong urge to buy things for the pleasure of shopping and buying.
- Co-invented the term “brand community” that is now fairly standard in marketing. Did the original research into how people form communities around brands. Have